Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recent Brewing

So I am back on the brewing horse, now that spring is here and the kegerator was empty. I received the Northern Brewer Bourbon Barrel Porter kit for christmas, and brewed it in mid-February. Turned out as more of a robust porter (7.8% ABV), and I did not add the bourbon or oak chips. It is really smooth, although with all the alcohol, it is not a beer you want to pound or drink a lot of.

I also brewed a version of my pilsner IPA this weekend, remembering to boil for 90 minutes. The only change was I was actually out of Centennial hops (oops), so I subbed in Chinook for them instead. We'll see how it turns out, although it smells great in the fermenter.

Hop plants have also broken ground and are growing quickly in the warm weather.

I will be brewing the belgian wit in the next few weeks, same as I brewed last year for my daughters second birthday party.

No comments: