Friday, May 30, 2008

Beer Photos

Just wanted to post an update and a nice photo of the beer I'm drinking. I kegged the Pilsner IPA on May 18, and it is sitting in the basement conditioning. I cracked it open for a taste tonight. The IPA is in the small glass in the photo below. It is good, but not as bitter as I thought it would be. The hop flavor is citrusy as it should be with the Amarillo hops, but the aroma isn't what I thought either. I'm going to dry hop this to see if the aroma comes out a little more.

The beer on the right is the amber lager that I made earlier this year. Its the first lager I made, and I think its pretty good at this point. When I first started drinking it a few months ago, I was very skeptical, and the flavor was pretty bready. Not really my thing. But, it has really come around in the last few weeks and I'm going to miss it when it is gone, which will be soon. Cheers!

No comments: